Resource List for 'Behind Mount Rushmore'
Darlene Campos spent six years researching while writing Behind Mount Rushmore. Listed below is just some of the resources she used to develop characters, create settings and build her story.
- Skins by Adrian C. Louis
- On the Rez by Ian Frazier
- Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog
- Storyteller by Leslie Marmon Silko
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
- Keeping Heart on Pine Ridge by Vic Glover
- Madonna Swan as told by Mark St. Pierre
- Mohawk Saint by Allan Greer
- Black Elk Speaks as told by John G. Neihardt
- Boarding School Seasons by Brenda J. Child
- Native America: A History by Michael Leroy Oberg
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
- Sitting Bull: His Life and Legacy by Ernie LaPointe
- Sioux: Warriors of the Plains by Michael G. Johnson
- American Indian Themes in Young Adult Literature by Paulette F. Molin
- War Dances by Sherman Alexie
- Fools Crow by James Welch
- Voices of the Winds by Margot Edmonds and Ella Clark
- Great Speeches by Native Americans by Bob Blaisdell
- Nine Years Among the Indians by Herman Lehmann
You can pre-order Behind Mount Rushmore by clicking here.